Wi-Fi FeatherWings troubleshooting

Hello,

I just received my Giant Board together with the Wi-Fi FeatherWing, but I’m unable to get the featherwing to work. It came without any documentation or instructions, so I followed the only documentation I could find, which is this: https://groboards.com/docs/u-boot-overlays/using-the-wifi-featherwing-on-the-giant-board/

My FeatherWing is plugged into the Giant Board, and I enabled the overlays. I didn’t touch the pin holes in the middle of the FeatherWing — I’m not sure if I should be doing something with them, as there is no documentation that would mention them.

When I start the connmanctl and enter the “enable wifi” command, I get “Error wifi: Input/output error” and in dmesg I can see a lot of this repeated:

[  114.910000] WILC_SPI spi0.0: Reset and retry 2 24
[  114.910000] WILC_SPI spi0.0: Failed cmd response, cmd (c4), resp (ff)
[  114.910000] WILC_SPI spi0.0: Failed internal read cmd...
[  114.910000] WILC_SPI spi0.0: Failed cmd response, cmd (cf), resp (ff)
[  114.910000] WILC_SPI spi0.0: Failed cmd reset
[  114.910000] WILC_SPI spi0.0: Reset and retry 1 24
[  114.920000] WILC_SPI spi0.0: Failed internal read protocol...
[  114.920000] WILC_SPI spi0.0 wlan0: ERR [wilc_wlan_initialize:905] Initializing WILC_Wlan FAILED
[  114.920000] WILC_SPI spi0.0 wlan0: ERR [wilc_mac_open:1029] Failed to initialize wilc

Any hints as to how to get this to work?

Never mind, it was a cold solder joint on one of the pins. Sorry for the noise.

Glad you were able to get it sorted. No worries about posting, might be useful for someone else.

I’m having the same error. My boards didn’t come through with any pass-through connectors (possible product improvement). So, I am trying to wire them up beside each other. Is there a link to the schematic for the Featherwing? I’ve tried searching with no luck. I need to confirm which lines have to connect to the GiantBoard.

Nevermind, figured out the right keywords for Google. :slight_smile: Here: